RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skydrill kit build
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 12:36 AM
Tee Bee

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Skydrill kit build

I plan to build this plane as it was designed with no aerodynamic mods using the wood provided in the kit. For power, I've got a Hypercolor Stage 3 Skyline .049 that's been waiting patiently for a suitable airframe. I'll probably use 3 Hitec 55 servos and a Berg 4 lite receiver since I've had good luck with those in my LA Stick. I'll have to wait and purchase those later on. I'll probably cover it with Ultracote just because I like the stuff even though there's lighter options out there. I think it'll still be plenty fast and light enough. I'm also considering using rubber bands and wood dowels to hold the wings on instead of the tongue and nylon bolt in the plans since I intend to build it without landing gear and fly off the grass. I will probably build the wing straight with no dihedral to make construction simple and flight interesting! I've got a 1oz round Sullivan tank that should work well.

Here's the Skyline .049 in it's display case with an APC 4.2x2 prop. Tim Wiltse included a custom machined adapter to run the APC props. Nice touch.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11491.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	823314