RCU Forums - View Single Post - E Flite Eratix 3D 25e ARF Owners Club
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 08:04 AM
kid chuckles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E Flite Eratix 3D 25e ARF Owners Club

Fella's i have this plane equipped with the 25 motor and it is way enough motor for it. Will pull it out of anything. Hovers at about 1/2-3/4 throttle. Does all the 3D I can do and more. You can use the 32 motor but it is not needed.
My setup is the recommended MG servos Hi-Tec
60 amp Castle Creations ESC (you can use alot cheaper ESC) this one over 100.00
2 2100 lipo batt. run parelell
25 brushless motor
15x6 apc prop
I think about the cheapest you will get this plane in the air will be around 5-7 hundred depending on what brands of equipment you use.
Now the plane flys great and does everything you would expect of of it.
I did use longer servo arms to get the most out of thr Ail, rudd, and elev.
I use all the movement i can get. Had to cut back a little cause you can get to much and rudd. will hit elev.
Overall great plane lands like a dream just keep the prop moving some and land. Or cut it back and float it in.
PLane is very light 5-6lbs.
Landing gear is weak and on a hard landing if you have one will flatten out and stick the wheel pants thru wings. Also the removable hatch to me is backwards mounted. with the magnets at front. Mine blew off once. I just screwed a short sevo arm infront of hatch and use it to keep hatch down. You just turn it out of the way to remove hatch.
There is alot of room inside hatch for batt. rec. and ESC.
I also have moved my batterys around a little back and forth you have a little room to move it this way and to me there is not much difference and that is moving the two 3cell 2100 lipos about an 1 1/2" front or back.
Hope this helps some of you great plane flys very well and looks good just sitting very easy on the eyes in the air also.