RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitromodels PREDATOR RQ-1B
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 12:53 AM
ryanronning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitromodels PREDATOR RQ-1B

ORIGINAL: papajeff

Ryan,

Now that you have the new Tx, you are really going to enjoy flying the Predator. Just remember.........try to fly it "scale-like".........ROG is best when you just let it lift off on it's own when the speed is right......then add a little up elevator.........nice and easy flying with wide aileron turns
with a little rudder added in. Watch the video from post #187 page 8 and you will see what I mean.

Now the Depot "Green drawers" are in the Hardware section by all of the screws and bolts. Ask one of the orange apron guys for the "Nylon Thumb Screws" that you will see in the photos from post #116 page 5 which shows my suggestion for removeable wing attachment. This way, you will be able to take your Predator in the VW wih no problem! Let me know if this helps.
Thank you for the tips, and by the way great video. I will take her easy... hopefully this weekend! That is if wind permits.

I ended up going to home depot and found the green hardware and then spotted something I thought I would try. Drywall anchors that you can collapse by screwing them. Basically sandwiches the wall of the wing to make a solid base for connection. I was going to use nylon, but they were a bit hard to turn in a tight space so I just used some small bolts. Works like a champ. And it's quick! Once again thanks for all the help.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29335.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	825247   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85134.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	825248   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45055.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	46.6 KB