RCU Forums - View Single Post - WACO YMF
Thread: WACO YMF
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 04:09 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: WACO YMF

ORIGINAL: SuperCub Man

Bill - Further to the adjustable cabanes - it appears that only the rear cabane is adjustable - is that correct? I presume the adjustments will be so slight - if set up reasonably close to the correct incidence - that the front cabane strut joints will be able to take the slight movement created by adjusting the rear ones? (I think that's clear?)
Jim. Both front and rear cabanes will have the ability to adjust. I do think that once the top wing is square with the rest of the model, then only one pair (either front or rear) should be touched to change the incidence. It looks as though I will be able to adjust the incidence in 30 minute increments. That should allow a reasonably close tolerence for adjustment.

I would be cautious about allowing the front cabane mount to be in a torsional stress situation. I suppose that it would depend upon the material that you had chosen to manufacture the hardware from. I'm not going to use any unobtanium in making my hardware, and I won't leave my cabanes in a bound up situation. It's going to allow everything to be straight, and true (for a change) Remember, the cabanes will work in concert with the interplanes on mine, so I will be able to fine tune the incidence along the entire wing/s.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1