RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cen GST 7.7 or MGT 8.0
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 11:23 AM
derrick05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cen GST 7.7 or MGT 8.0

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

I'm still a CEN skeptic.. I've heard enough about their truggy to believe it's worth buying, but I'm still skeptical about the GST...

I've never heard of anybody having long-term success with a CEN MT.. A lot new owners rave about how great they are - and "tough", which, being so huge and heavy, I find hard to believe.. What do you mean by "tough"? That it doesn't break after rolling over a few times?? Or that it doesn't break after repeatedly launching it off a ramp - with all that bad landings, cartwheels, etc?? I mean, who has had multiple gallons through their GST without problems?? I admit I don't know first hand, but the rep of the older CEN MT's was SSSSSSOOOOOOO bad that the GST would have to be REALLY REALLY REALLY fantastic to make up for it... I'm not saying it isn't. Just that there's still a question mark over the GST.. There was a lot of hype when it first came out, but that seems to have really died down in the last 6-8 months or so.....

The GST is defo a great looking truck the burly size of which does have a certain appeal, and which may well be all that tough and reliable..., but for real bashing my money would defo be on the MGT...
Poor misguided soul,dont knock it til you try it.Who knows how this MGT will be?The GST/NEMESIS has proven itself[>:].Ido know the MGT takes a hell of a lot more upgrades out of the box than NEMESIS to make it a worthy truck.Forward only kit,shimming the diffs,and on and on[&o].My NEMESIS is in stock form other than cooling head and servos,and havent broken a thing in 7gallons.My MGT lasted 3 days before tranny trouble[:@].I say have both trucks.Even though I feel that the CEN will be the most durable of the two,I think the MGT will have a much better engine.I have to have one.If its big,powerful and durable,I dont care who makes it.