RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cen GST 7.7 or MGT 8.0
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 08:27 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Cen GST 7.7 or MGT 8.0

Despite not having had either, I do believe I can say with confidence that if anything the MGT is the truck that has proven itself - jury's still out with the CEN.. I spent a long time researching the Savage before getting one, made the decision based on the "proof" that was out there(including here.. "tough as nails" is a worn-out cliche on Savage forums..) to be found, and it proved to be correct... You need about ten minutes on the internet to find proof that the Savage is a tough basher.. Maybe a few mintues longer for the MGT, but it's there too.. I've still never seen one video proving to me that the GST is remarkably tough.. I like its looks and its size too - but I wouldn't invest MY money in one til I saw more video evidence*... The evidence for the MGT is there..

I have also heard in general more positive things about the Nemesis.. It's the long history of issues with the Genesis models that makes me skeptical...(I ran with a local dude with a Genesis last summer.. I honestly felt bad cuz my - stock - LST2 was so obviously superior.. His engine c.rapped out that very day as a matter of fact, and as far as I know the truck is still down...))

But still, as I've said all along, where are all the CEN MT bash videos to prove the toughness - not just going back and forth over a hill or on the beach, but getting big air, etc..??

I'm not bashing CEN, I'm just saying, I'm not a believer yet til I see more vids and comments etc... to prove it..

* Spare-part prices in Germany would prevent it anyway...