RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flying at the AMA Muncie site.
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Flying at the AMA Muncie site.

Site rules are found at: http://www.modelaircraft.org/documents.aspx, and IIRC it's number 106, or at least up close to top of list.

Did you not check in at the headquartes station? Not required, but would you go to any club's site and just start flying without checking with the locals? How could you have any idea whether some special event is in progress or not if you don't ask.

Were you there after the flying hours, which incidentally I think are absolutely absurd, especially when late evening flying is -- to me -- the preferred time period, yet those hours are in the rules and if you just go in and start flying, well, expect to get called on it.

If you are so thin-skinned that you will not stand up and find out why you are being yelled at, well YOU have a problem that you might give some thought to.

To harber and foster such a grudge, without getting definite answers is -- IMO -- somewhat childish. In addition if you send AMA any form of communication, best you make it a certified, return receipt, letter. Otherwise I will bet you 5 to 1 that it will GET LOST, even if it contains a check. With me AMA is, historically, very good at losing mail. [:@]

So with all their faults, it's UP TO YOU to explore and find out why you were mistreated. Now you might think about the fact that there are many non-member fliers that try to go there and fly free. OUR MONIES BUILT AND MAINTAIN THAT FACILITY. So I am glad to hear they do try to protect it from those that could be a trespasser.

Possibly those 3 guys could have been trspassers since you obviously did not stand up and find out just who they were and by what authority they wanted you to leave. YOU TOO can KICK BUTT!