RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aerokits RAF fire boat/crash tender
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 03:06 AM
HMS ANTRIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aerokits RAF fire boat/crash tender

Hi Jc.
you can always visit the UK e-bay at...http://www.ebay.co.uk/.....I go to e-bay in other European countries and get stuff from them, Germany is my favourite. There are crash tenders listed regularly and also other aerokit boats like the sea commander, PT boat, sea queen, solent and waveny lifeboats.

VINTAGE AEROKITS TORPEDO BOAT Item number: 140191381656

RADIO CONTROLLED MODEL BOAT, WOODEN HULL Item number: 280184522678

RC ROYAL NAVY FIRE BOAT "WOODEN" Item number: 260194407272

these three are on just now and you could save the pix of the fire boat

all those models!!! I'm so jellous......JC.. you don`t know the half of it, just as well I am single or the misses would be saying either the boats go or I go...Hmm I would have to think about that one.
That reminds me of a quote I saw on a forum..
I have spent most of my cash on Boats, beers, and Broads,..the rest I have just squandered.

I thought that was quite apt and probably applies to lots of modellers. LOL

I think e-bay provides a second childhood for many of us, as the toys / models we often drooled over as children but which our parents could not afford are now being made available to us as adults through this large worldwide auction site.

I have aquired several of the aerokit range for guys who couldn`t have them as children but are now thoroughly enjoying sailing them as adults.

JC. would you consider fitting two shafts in your boat as it is my oppinion that for a wooden boat of @ 48in size to get up on the plane with electric motors this is the best option.

wood being heavier that GRP needs more power in electric form for high speed craft.

The D cell nicad at 10amps in a 12 or 18 volt pack is my choice of power supply as it is a fraction of the weight compared to a lead acid battery of the same voltage and amps.

I would also fit a 50-55mm Plastic X racing prop as it has the pitch and puts less heat on the motor than a brass prop.

My 46in crash tender came to me as a bare boat with no motor or fittings and in need of a repaint. I tried a 24v bus fan motor with a 12v and 6v lead acid linked together to make 18v.

It went up on the plane for about 2/3 mins then as the power dropped off the boat just chuntered along more like a river cabin cruiser ..with no speed.

I have a 12v D cell 3amp partly assembled which I am hoping to try out in the perkassa but as I have been my old man`s 24 hour carer for the last 3 years I don`t get the same time on boats as I used to so the fire boat has been put aside for another day when I can give it more time.
And like the retired gynaecologist said I like to keep my hand in, so I just do a little tinkering here and there when I can.

.................................................. ..........cheers[sm=wink_smile.gif]