RCU Forums - View Single Post - A Word To The Wise For Beginners
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 10:21 PM
agexpert
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Word To The Wise For Beginners

I understand that this forum is for beginners, and I know that an abundance of caution is far better than any kind of safety risk....BUT. I don't think it's necessary to use the word, 'never', with regard to safely experimenting in the course of learning and improving.

It's true that, 'never', is safe, but do you think people who meaningfully improve their skills have actually NEVER flown through the sun, never flown a plane that didn't seem, 'just-right', never flown with other flyers in the air, never flown with any type of discomfort, never flown a spontaneous manuever, or never flown less than,'5 seconds', ahead of the plane?

Safety being primary, I think it's time we stopped pretending that TOY airplanes are made of plutonium. It's fun, go out and safely enjoy the best hobby God ever invented. Don't be afraid to experiment, but do so SAFELY. If it costs you an airplane, it was probably worth it. And, if you can't afford to replace what you are flying, this probably isn't the hobby for you.

Never say, 'NEVER'.