RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:12 PM
geezeraviation
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.

I think this an appropriate place for any Pfalz projects, anyone else care to chime in. That way I dont have to be jumping all over the place to see what y'all are up to. tommyp, I started building as soon as I was allowed to have a tube of glue, then I discovered cars and girls and airplanes took a back seat for a while. In the late 60s I got into towline gliders with a guy in central Calif. I was stationed there while in the A.F. I picked up the Feb 68 issue of RCM and was hooked, by the late 70s it was back to fast cars, headers and Holleys and cams, oh my. 88 brought me back to R.C. and I'm in far enough now that I can't imagine a rehab program that could break the habit. There are eleven scratch built airplanes in the shop that I can see (4 of em big birds) and if there is something on your drawings I can't figure out or modify so I do I hope you'll allow me to e-mail you for an explanation. I'm not trying to be sassy or uppity and sure as Gordon Banks likes pizza I don't know it all, but as we like to say here in Texas, "it aint my first rodeo". My little blurb on power is only one of the rules I live by in this hobby, one other is that "there is no such thing as an insignificant savings in weight". I have a balsa bin holding more and better wood than the hobby shops I do buisness in. Every sheet is weighed and stacked, light on top, heavy on bottom when I receive an order, as I build, the pieces for the rear come off the top, the pieces for the front come off the bottom, ballast is the enemy, useless weight is bad juju. This is really fun but I need to go paint the cam covers for the dummy Hisso that's going into my SE 5a. Happy landings, Doc. Onpower, if enough is good, more is better, and too much should at least be seriously considered.