RCU Forums - View Single Post - New composite spitfire
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 12:35 AM
sandseeker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New composite spitfire

Hi Tom,
I'm guessing the guns are the dowel and ally tubes, not as impressive as the rest of the kit! I also have no carb intake, there were so many variations on individual a/c so I will have to build one specific to my prototype subject. It is strange as you say for a"100 % scale" to ommitt such a prominant feature....and not to acknowlage its pressance on the real thing in the manual should be addressed.
I just opened up the wheel wells, I used a sharp knife and it was very easy, I wouldn't use the suggested Dremmel disc .

As to building from scratch, I personally do not have the space or time too. I don't think these comp kits (unless you design,engineer plugs/moulds yourself) should stand along side scratch (not kit, other peoples plans etc) built a/c in competition. Where do you draw the line? Full size a/c are not generally designed/built /painted and maintained by their owner/pilots yet who gets the credit for the work at fullsize shows? I have nothing to do (thank god) with the construction of the A345 I fly for a living but I still have a great pride and satisfaction in operating this a/c and will take credit for a smooth flight even though I can't control the weather and she has flown herself for 13hrs of a 14hr flight.

Pleasure for me is in putting a pleasing rendition of my favorite aircraft into the air with the knowlage that the odds of sucessfull return to earth are with you, great fun, good company of like minded individuals at the flying field not locked away in a shed for hundreds/thousands of hours only to emerge with an a/c I am affraid to fly.

Chris