RCU Forums - View Single Post - Glitches, help needed
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 06:15 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Glitches, help needed

ORIGINAL: firemedic305

I was having the same thing happen with my Extra after changing from a DA50 to a ZDZ 80. I tried everything including going from a 6V to a 4.8v battery with no change. So today I put in a PCM receiver and now I can go to the other side of the house and 300 ft and it did not go into fail safe one time. I use all Hitec servos and Futaba 9C TX. I will be trying it in the air as soon as I have a day to go. Gary

--------------

PCM should never be used to "remedy" a situation where an FM/PPM receiver will not work properly. There is the very real possibility that your previous receiver is defective, also.

If it isn't safe to fly with an FM/PPM receiver that is known to be in proper operating condition, it simply isn't safe to fly at all. After all, both PCM and FM/PPM devices use basically the same type of RF section to their receivers. The decoders are different, but neither type has the ability to truly filter out problem ignition noise to the point where it is safe to fly PCM, but not safe to fly FM/PPM. I know this is difficult to believe for some folks, but it is true.

Ed Cregger