RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D Hot Hots Build
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 07:34 AM
kbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3D Hot Hots Build

Well I finally got the check in the mail and have received my plans and short kit. I waited until I got the kit to make an order for other needed supplies. This forces me to study the plans well before I start the build and allows me to make sure I order everything I need at once. The other supplies should be here the middle of next week. My kit arrived with no damage and the laser cutting is very good. I am missing two part and will contact Steve about them. There was a separate set of some parts meant for use if you go electric. They appear to have been cut by hand using the laser cut parts as templates. I say this because they have no burn mark and the laser cut pieces had been removed from their sheets and replaced. The difference in the parts is the thickness of the sheet stock (3/32" for glow, 1/16" for electric). I thought this was a nice touch. This is not a beginners kit by any means and I would suggest you have a few builds under your belt before trying it or have an experienced builder on hand for help. So far I have only found one area that I'm not sure of. I will post pics of the problem area and let you guys see it after I contact Steve. Here is a pic of plans and kit parts.

[link=http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7352144][/link]

Click the picture for a larger image.