RCU Forums - View Single Post - E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Doc Austin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

ORIGINAL: Toker41

What blade are you guys swinging with the 480?
The motor will pull a 12/6, but with an 11/7 the performance is about the same and you get just a bit more run time. You also get 1/2" more ground clearance and the Pulse needs it. You can fly the 12/6, but you have to be more careful taking off and landing,

I'm flying 3D now, so my Mini Pulse is just hanging there unused. At $90 a pop I can't afford to buy too many 2.4 receivers, so I had to cannibalize the one out of the Pulse. I need money and thought about selling her, but the Pulse is such a nice plane I know I will just want another one later. I'll let her hang there and when my interests gravitate back to sport flying all I'll have to do install a receiver.

I have to say I'm delighted there is still so much interest in the plane though. My new Mini Pulse only has about 10 flights on her, so we haven't completely bonded yet, but my first Pulse was a magic airplane. No matter how hard I flew her, how many chances I took, how many times I flew over my head or how close we came to disaster, she refused to go into the ground. She was truely magic. A friend has her now and she just keeps on going and going. She is up to about 400 flights now, so she has been an outstanding value all the way around for everyone.

Oh, I'm not done with the Pulse. In fact, I'm taking my big Pulse XT46 nitro monster out today. I still love a roaring nitro beast, but I only have one. I'll probably always have an XT46 because I love the Pulse and I love nitro. I'm sure the Mini will fly again.

Here's Mini Pulse #1 in action.

http://www.adchobbystore.com/pics-vids2.htm