RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 08:32 PM
vince.b
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

LOL
my spellings sucks..
yahh the caster is nice in the way and thats about it.
you can do that by useing after run also.
when there is a foren object in the fuel the caster will glob onto it and it grows and grows until the fuel until it causes a block and leans the engine. The sysnthetic oils do not do this. Caster is also good for the new modeler who will useually run the engine on the lean side so it helps alittle here. but for the guy that runs his engines always rich its not so good because the caster can carbon up the engine then if it get a lean run the deposits get a heck of alot hotter then you want.
caster also gums up the engine parts ie glazing them and cuaseing hot spots.
I have seen guys break in engines on caster keeping the needle rich and the engine is junked. It makes power but nothing like it should. all carboned up.
with 100% syn you can run it rich all day and have 0 signs of build up.
IMO there is no good reason to run caster these days, its old out of date but its cheap so guys like. it also makes engines unreliable if the mixture is to rich as it glazes (coats) the inside of your engine for this so called extra prtection) also the viscocity is very high. kinda like 25/50 oil on a cold day. you want low viscocity oil for the win.
if you are running temps over 700 you are going to have other problems. sysnthetics start to break down around 700.
caster was good in the old days because the machineing was not as good as it is today. so it helped to close the gap if you will.