RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum lock-outs
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 09:16 PM
jerrygable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum lock-outs

I believe that Spectrum may have already made a change which will greatly reduce the time it takes to reboot the system after a low voltage "brownout".

The following is an excerpt from page 22 of the DX6i user manual (the new 6 channel Spectrum transmitter that ships with the Blade 400):

Note: Receivers manufactured after July of 2007 offer a quick connect feature that reconnects immediately when recovering from a low voltage "brown out".

I had previously heard that the new JR921 receiver incorporated this "quick connect" feature, but this is the first reference I have seen in a Spectrum manual that addresses it (seemingly across the board on all receivers).

I do believe that some users have experienced crashes due to the time it has taken to reboot once the voltage drops too low (regardless of the cause of the voltage drop) and I am very happy to see that Spectrum has addressed this issue. My understanding is that the receiver now simply reconnects the two frequencies it was using prior to the low voltage dropout.

I do not know if receivers manufactured prior to July of 2007 can be updated to include the "quick connect" feature --- it would be great if they could be updated.

Hope this helps --- it sure makes me feel more comfortable.