RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cen GST 7.7 or MGT 8.0
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 04:55 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Cen GST 7.7 or MGT 8.0

EDIT - Nevermind...

Anyway, when people tell me having a Ferrari is just a "unit-extension" for insecure people to feel better about themselves, I always imagine myself being the last person in the world.. I'd still want a Ferrari for the thrill of driving it - the sound, the speed, the feel.. Bragging about it with my golf buddies or at the office, or showing it off by parking illegally in front of the restaraunt would mean nothing to me - I would want it for the feeling of driving it...

And if my 1.2 hp RC truck engine is fun to drive, but your RC truck engine has 1.4 hp, well good for you - have fun.. It's just unfortunate that so much energy is wasted arguing about it when the 1.4 hp guy comes along talking trash cuz his truck has .2 hp more... Or bragging, putting other people down, etc etc.. What a freakin' waste..

I think this new MGT looks like fun - that huge engine must be fun to drive... I couldn't care less though if it has 1hp or 8... (as far as the manufacturers go, everybody knows they all lie and inflate numbers.. The vid I saw of it moving was more convincing to me than any dyno results would ever be...)

I'm no expert, but I'm sick of hearing about all the dyno tests.. There are a lot of other factors, whether for racing or bashing.. If what works for me works for me, then who cares how much hp it has?? Til somebody comes along talking trash cuz their engine has .2 hp more...