RCU Forums - View Single Post - Royal Electronics Servos
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 06:47 AM
Renegade_2k
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal Electronics Servos

Hello all,

Does anyone remember the Royal Electronics Company?

I was looking through a box of older stuff I had purchased a few years ago, for some items to use in completion of a couple of projects. I ran across some Royal Mini-Titan servos (8 of them) that I had originally purchased for use with a Kraft (new style.. Taiwan?) radio. These servos have the Airtronics connectors. Anyway, I'm now using Futaba equipment, and I'm having a problem making the servos work.

I took one of them, and trimmed off the "bumps" from the Airtronics style connector, and switched what I thought were the Positive and Negative wires at the plug. When I plugged the servo into the receiver and turned on the switch, all it would do was chatter and buzz. I moved the stick, but this made no difference in the servos response. I quickly unplugged it, and began looking for information on these servos. Unfortunately, I've had no luck. My questions are this:

1 - Will these servos work with a Futaba radio (8UAP)?
2 - What would the pinout of the servo plugs be, going left to right, as originally supplied for the Airtronics radios, looking at the plug from the "bumpy" side, with the plug pointing at me?
3 - When looking at the amplifier board inside the servo, with the pigtail connection closest to me, it appears as if the Positive wire is on the right, the Negative wire is on the left, and the Signal wire is sort of in the middle of the board (looking at the non-component side of the board). Does anyone have a schematic for this, and is my guess correct?

I would like to use these, as they are brand new, and they would work perfectly for a couple of small projects I've got going! Any help from those of you who are more technically inclined would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any help!