RCU Forums - View Single Post - BESIDES OS, what engines out there perform?
Old 12-31-2007, 01:33 AM
rafaxmen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BESIDES OS, what engines out there perform?

In my country, and I suppose that in other countries as well, there is a myth about the Super Tigre engines which says that are worse than O. S. and this is totally false. In fact, the power that announces the Super Tigre engine in the box (manual) are less than it really punch out (the power are fantastic). Contrary to O. S. which announces so much more power than it actually produces (this is true). O. S. are cheaper than Super Tigre but there are a paradigm about the performance of this engines, maybe for the "easy carburetor adjust" or whatever. Really i recommend to all of you out there that don't waste your money in an engine that only has a reputation and don’t have the quality that it presumes. Every week that I go to fly, only charge my Avistar with fuel, put the hot shot and presto! while the other people waste a lot of time in the engine adjust process, or in the start process, and have the necessity of readjust and readjust the carburetor set over and over again until finally O. S decide to run. The difference is that i have a Super Tigre and the other, of course O. S. the worse brand. Super Tigre always starts at the first time while the O. S. engines starts after a couple or more minutes. But all you will continue buying O. S., so it seem ok to me, whatever.