RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Long Awaited Ultra Sport 60 Build Thread
Old 12-31-2007, 09:15 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: The Long Awaited Ultra Sport 60 Build Thread

green river, The flaps will not work with the ailerons. They will be completely independent. I did this on all 4 of the US40s I've built and found no loss of aileron control. However, one difference I have found between the 40 and 60 is that the 60 has you cut 2" off the outboard end of the ailerons and glue them permanently to the TE. I don't intend to do this, I'm going to leave the ailerons their full length.

As far as "Landing Hot", If it lands too hot, try moving the CG back a little, a nose-heavy airplane will not slow down well. The flaps will definitely slow it down nicely.

fstevenj, You locate the retract blocks the same way you do in the original location. You can see in the picture above that the rear block goes against the spar, and as long as the two blocks are secured together, the front block will automatically align.

I will soon fill the forward bays with foam, then when the top sheeting is added, the retracts can be put in place and their outline traced on the sheeting so it can be cut. And yes, everything lays below the sheeting.

I'll attach a pic of one of my US40 wings so you can see the final result.

vmsguy, I am going to use a modified Great Planes landing gear (GPMA2838) It's a little too long, so I plan to cut it down. (See pic)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx69840.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	838360   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75832.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	838361