RCU Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA JAGDPANTHER BUILD PHOTOS/CAMO PICS ADDED
Old 12-31-2007, 04:08 PM
pcomm1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TAMIYA JAGDPANTHER BUILD PHOTOS

ORIGINAL: SCAT PATTON

Congrats pork Chop!

Nice build photos and review -Thanks!

Hi John - if I was building one, I would place the emitter in the barrel. With a tank destroyer you will need to conceal your self in cover and use the long barrel to punch through the shrubs and trees. Just my thoughts any way.

The Daryl Turner gearbox mount brace and 2 metal elevation arms arrived (the only mods for this build) and Steve (SCAT Patton) pointed me in the right direction for a TBU, so I am good to start building.

After reading these posts, the emitter is now in the barrel, about 4 inches back from the end of the barrel, is that about right?

Gave up the flash though. I painted the inside of the barrel flat black and I am using museum tack putty to hold the wires in place, so if necessary I can do easy adjustment and any maintenance.

By the way, I added the TBU to my Panther after the fact (no real dis-assembly issues and I did not break anything, which is always good). Now I am considering going back in and putting the emitter in the barrel.

Right now the emitter is clipped to the barrel, which doesn't bother me, because the thing sticking out of the hatch kinda overwhelmed everything else.

The plan is to slide the flash out, run a string down the barrel and pull the emitter on in.

John