RCU Forums - View Single Post - 049 Glow plug conversion perfected
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2003, 11:53 AM
AndyW
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 049 Glow plug conversion perfected

Walt,

Yes, copper gasket under the glow plug. Even if you make the threads real tight, they'll leak, at least a bit.

For the Cox head gaskets, call 1 800 451 0339 and ask for
Cliff Cotton. He's always been a lot of help to me for unusual or even usual requests. I've got a lifetime supply of gaskets for all the Cox engines.

You can also get gaskets from Norvel/Sig. At least I did when they were still just Norvel.

Also, you can get extremely thin gaskets for adjustment purposes from Kustom Kraftsmanship but I haven't used them in a long time and can't find their address or phone number. They have custom Cox stuff for the free-flight guys. Do a Google for them.

Hope that helps.

Hey Andrew,

That's a great idea. Making various heads, I've always had trouble with the stock gaskets just not quite giving me the proper clearances under the glow plug. Will give that a try. Thanks.

Here's an idea. Using a Fox miracle plug, bore out the head with a step so that the smaller diameter end of the Fox plug is a squeaky, sealed fit. The rest of the bore would be sized to suit your tap for the plug. Of course, you'd need to get yourself a bottoming tap and, you might need to use a Texaco head.