RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bob Dively Nuthin' Honey bipe
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 02:03 AM
mcgyver74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bob Dively Nuthin' Honey bipe

Sadly Bob Dively is not really selling kits anymore simply because with todays microwave mentality and the cheap price of ARF's these days there simply wasn't a very high demand for them (He was selling like 3 kits a year)

Even with people who still DO buy and build, it's getting harder and harder to compete with the products coming from China or from one of the major manufactuars, For example, he sells the Nuthin Honey for $150 for the kit, at that price he only makes a few dollars on the kit after factoring in the cost of materials (He won't use crappy materials). People were ARF'ing stuff cheaper then he would pay for the materials just to produce the kit...

This is a shame because the Nuthin Honey is only one of his kits and frankly while it's a MAJOR blast to fly (I may start building one soon myself once my Ultimate decides to "Retire" itself ) it's far from his best kit, His giant Pitts S2 is one amazing plane and he had dozens of other kits that aren't even listed on his website due to lack of demand (How about a Scale Pitts S1?)

However, while he isn't selling kits every day, For those of you who may want a Nuthin Honey, if you call and ask he may still have enough around to produce a few kits, he's a super nice guy

Just my 0.02