RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ground Resonance!!..watch this video for sure!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Bxcar32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ground Resonance!!..watch this video for sure!!!

I'm not an engineer, but that's what I'm going to school for. I just fly them for the WA National Guard. They're a lot of fun. In military circles, information regarding type specific aircraft accidents or mishaps spreads rather quickly. The Chinook units knew about this shortly after it happened. I suspect that this is similar in the Blackhawk, Apache, 58 D, and other interservice helicopter type communities. Supposedly, this is the Chinook that performed an uncommanded roll maneuver (read actually inverted) while on a ferry flight from Corpus Christi with a contractor crew on board. Don't know if that's really the case, but man is that video fun to watch. I'm sure if you scour the net you'll find the pictures of the british (maybe even Australian) Chinook crew who decided to remove the aft pylon the old fashioned way, but striking the aft blades on the ground by exceeding the 20 degree nose high restriction during roll-on landings.

Happy Hookin'