RCU Forums - View Single Post - Reaction 54 Jet Kit
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 05:11 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Reaction 54 Jet Kit

I was surprised to see that some of the Kingcats have their two main tanks plumbed in parallel with a "Y" connector .. with the hope that they drain evenly.

Seemed like a dull idea to me since if they do not drain evenly the fuel left in the "fuller" one is useless when the other one goes dry and draws air. Seemed to me a better idea to plumb with the usual series connection of vent to fill .. but the owner told me they did this deliberately to get even weight distrubution as the fuel drained (the series plumbing would guarantee worst case distrib since the tanks are on either side of the centerline).

He told me that if all tube diameters and lengths are identical, it really does drain very evenly. Somewhat surprising, but there you are...

Of course, if you wanted to go to the trouble of segmenting each of your tanks into a separate front and rear tank, and you series plumbed front left to right rear, and front right to left rear, you could have your cake and eat it too...

FWIW, I thought someone had already posted another elegant smoke solution here on this thread by putting the tank into the canopy hatch???

Dave