RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Quest for the First Bird" or "What Have I Gotten Myself Into?"
Old 01-04-2008, 07:28 PM
AJ1202

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Quest for the First Bird" or "What Have I Gotten Myself Into?"

Even though there have been some issues with the super cub it is still a fairly reliable plane, next is it is easy to upgrade and being made of EPP foam can be a good plane for a long time, the super cub is now coming with standard type servo's as well, also you can easily add ailerons to it.
as to glitching making the plane go down, I will leave that one alone because there are so many reasons that could happen, even with the best equipment,, it happens from time to time

As to starting with or without ailerons, that realy depends on your coordination and abilty to react without panic, I flew for a while before I tryed a plane with ailerons and found them to be easier to fly, but there again I had the basics of flying down,,, I know many that went straight to ailerons and did well from the beginning

Having more power than you need is actually not a bad idea, however in the beginning it is easy to get ahead of yourself, by this I mean not being used to leading your flight because you are on the edge of your abilities, throttle control and orientation are the hardest things to learn IMO

Bipes are not easier nor do they nessasarily fly better, there are some bipes that fly more stable than other single wing planes but as a rule bipes have more drag, thus more thrust is needed and more speed, also a lot of the bipes are quicker to stall at slow speeds and quicker to roll over on take off

I don't discount the idea of having someone help you learn but like so many I was one that didn't have that opertunity. If you can find a club and choose to join or have a freind that flys that is willing to help then I would say to take advantage of it.

Now this is just my opinion, based soley on my experiences so far

I hope this helped a little,,,, Oh and most of all, have fun be safe,,,,,,,,,,,,, and

Welcome to the wonderfull world of Flying