RCU Forums - View Single Post - Showtime 50 anyone?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Kruzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Showtime 50 anyone?

Took mine out of the box to begin a proper examination of the kit today. Not very happy with the finish on this kit. The covering is pretty rough and the decking fit and finish is not up to standard, so is the grey paintwork on it. There is a number on the inside of the fuse "18" is that an inspector's number?
The SFG plugs are not consistent with the top of the wing. I will have to remove the strip of covering to fill and then sand them to make them level with the wing surface. There is also some balsa visible around the SFG openings on the wing as the edges are not properly covered.

I can understand now why the Saito .82 is the biggest engine recommended for the frame and I will comply. The idea of building for both electric or glow has produced something less than the solid airplane I like. These light "cross breeds" will not really stand up as well to glow power vibration and loads. I am almost finshed building a Sig Sundancer .50 and to compare the two airplanes it's like chalk and cheese. Sig makes a solid airplane, this is my second ARF from them and no complaints about the build here. I guess for electric power the Showtime would be great. A buddy at the field just maidened an Inspire 60 and it's built the same way, pretty thin build for a .60 size glow airplane. Flitons are not the cheapest planes either. He has landing gear problems already with an OS91... go figure. I intend to beef up the gear support area before this Showtime even sees the field and am definitely not going this way again. Glow is glow and electric is electric. The funny thing is I do not dislike the airplane, it's just not what I expected. I am going to have to look at it again for strengthening it a little here and there, even if it's only with medium CA.