RCU Forums - View Single Post - Discussion - Forget the graphs - Best "value" lipos poll!
Old 01-05-2008, 01:20 PM
wollins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discussion - Forget the graphs - Best "value" lipos poll!

Ok guys, (and gals! )

We've seen the graphs ... we've heard the hype (from the different manufacturers) and we've tried a pack or two! (or three .... or ten!) So the question is ... what in YOUR opinion ... based on YOUR field results and personal experience in YOUR applications ... are the best "value" lipos out there?

"Value" ... not top of the line, (hence expensive! [:@]) but "value". We all know about the Thunder Powers, Kokams, (they still make packs? ) Hyperions, Flight Power, Polyquest, Tanics, Apogees and other "premium" packs ... a typical price for a 2100 to 2200mah 20C "premium" pack would be around $79 plus or minus a few bucks. I know cause I currently own about 2,000 bucks worth of "premium" packs ranging from 3S to 10S.

What we're trying to get at here is the best of the not so premium (read expensive! ) lipo packs.

Ok, let me define what I mean by "value". Simply put ... best bang for your buck. In other words, not necessarily the BEST performance ... or the BEST price ... ... but a mixture of the best performance and the cheapest price!

I know that there are a TON of batteries out there that may fall into this sorta "broad" definition and hence the request for this poll. Personally I've found that MaxAmps have been the best "value" packs for the last couple of years for me ... but they definately won't fall into the "inexpensive" category anymore!

In any event, there are so many "value pack" choices out there that one is hard pressed to keep up. Just trying to keep up with the following packs and their performance can drive a man to drink! [:@]

Hecell
Dymond
Electric Power
DNPower
Dualsky
Etec/Apache
Xcite
CommonSense
TrueRc
X-Caliber

And that's just the ones I can think of of the top of my head!

Ok guys ... lets get it on ... I'd appreciate your opinions on the best cheap (or relatively inexpensive) 15C or more packs and why. (performance for you)

Thanks!

Colin.