RCU Forums - View Single Post - Guillow's #303 Piper Super Cub 95 Build
Old 01-06-2008, 04:51 PM
slim_pkns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Guillow's #303 Piper Super Cub 95 Build

Great info but I'm a bit overwhelmed. I'm going to have to reread these posts a few times to sort out which were meant for the 24" Piper Super Cub. I would definitely like it to fly with a scale look. I'm getting a better understanding of the necessity for light weight, the proper rpm/motor, and prop size to get scale looking flight performance. I just need to piece it all together with the wing load. I'll follow up later with more specific questions about motors after I've digested all the post.

I'm continuing on with the other side of the fuselage build and I think I've done a much better job with cutting out the fuselage formers this time. I hope to finish them in another couple of hours and start gluing before bed. Since I can't really lay the fuselage down level to glue the formers on the opposite side, are there any good techniques I can use to ensure they are 90 deg. off the keel? It wasn't too hard when I could just set the angle down on the board. Also, I'm not sure the left and right halves will touch on a few. I'm guessing it's important to fill the gaps to create a solid piece, eh?

Thanks again for everyones help and encouragement!!!! I'm really enjoying this and even the girlfriend is asking what everyone is saying now.