RCU Forums - View Single Post - what rims do i go with? beadlock or glued?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:09 PM
dhyde79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what rims do i go with? beadlock or glued?

well, through the time I've been on here, I've seen one or two people comment that they blow the beads on them, and more comment on having them, personally I love em, they give more bashability due to the metal ring that keeps you from breaking your rims up. I had 2 sets of the RPM Monster Claw rims and both of them totalled out quickly, I've got proline 17mm dish and my axial beadlocks now, I've not done much bashing with the dish, but, I've slammed them into the curbs and up and over harder than I had the RPM ones and they're not even showing any stress, where the newer set of the RPM wheels took being run a whopping 5 times and the hexes are already breaking out on them on 3 out of 4 tires, and shattered on the 4th.....and I hadn't even bashed hard with those because they've got my proline road rage's on them....the hardest I've been on those was doing some drifting in a rain soaked parking lot. My axials on the other hand, have seen the worst of my bashing....jumping off of a 4' Quarter Pipe set up inside a tennis court and getting enough air that had I not hit the brakes half way up and started the truck in a front flip, I'd have cleared the tennis court perimeter fence, front wheels hit the top of the fence, and sent the truck tumbling backwards to the ground.....

I would say the people having trouble with them have either had bad rims, or genuinely messed up putting them together....(I know it's not hard, the tiny fine threaded machine screws eat the plastic holes like candy....I've got 4 stripped holes on each side of each wheel where I was stupid and tried using a drill to sink the screws...)