RCU Forums - View Single Post - dx7 + ar7000 lock out?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Yaniel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dx7 + ar7000 lock out?

I was flying today at the field we fly at every weekend, never had a problem there before. Flying a pulse xt 40 with an ar7000/dx7, i had one strong glitch/lock out, and another lock out. first time i'm flying back towards myself, and the plane rolls over on its back with 0 input from me, about half a second later i was able to roll it back over (the throttle dropped when it rolled over too as if it went to the fail safe setting). second time, i'm turning around to come back towards myself again, the plane locks me out for about a second or a second and a half before the turn was completed. both times it recovered before any damage, and both times the throttle dropped.

only thing different today is that a crew from motorola was there today installing antenna's in a field near where i had the glitch. its my understanding that spektrums shouldnt be bother by things like that though. since its near a university i think they may be wifi antenna's.

any ideas if the antennas could have caused the glitch?

receiver pack was fully charged, i wasnt being aggressive on the servos to cause a voltage drop ( one time it was during level flight), i continued to fly but away from the field with the antennas for the remainder of the day on that same pack without a hiccup.