RCU Forums - View Single Post - MONSTER MODEL EVENT
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 07:27 AM
Johnny Mojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MONSTER MODEL EVENT

ORIGINAL: trentmark

I remember a few years back when we, "the old farts", were afraid the hobby was dying due to an ever rising average age. It is great to see all the young pilots that have started flying over the last few years. 3D has obviosly sparked this renewed interest for many young and old alike. There are many 3D events to attend all over the country. This won't be one of them. Just because you don't like the way they fly don't bash them for it. There is plenty of flyins to satisfy both groups. I think it is great that FT has organized an event to satisfy the needs of the large scale modelers. Remember without them RC wouldn't be where it is today. I wish them many happy flights.
I agree whole heartedly Mark, but once again, those "bashing" comments were put out there by FT and RS, NOT the Aerobatic guys. It's just another illustration of a larger generational issue in our hobby.........grumpy guys in black socks who don't like or agree with the younger crowd. O.K. maybe that was a little too broad brushed, but you get the idea..........

J.