RCU Forums - View Single Post - Guillow's #303 Piper Super Cub 95 Build
Old 01-09-2008, 12:44 AM
slim_pkns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Guillow's #303 Piper Super Cub 95 Build

I got both sets of former halves trimmed down and fitting pretty well so I started gluing them together. So far, so good. One of the things I was really worried about was getting these right side fuselage former halves to set 90 deg. off the top and bottom keel. Lining up and holding the left halves while the top and bottom keel was pinned to the plan was pretty easy since I could rest the angle on the building board. This time I was struggling with how I could measure this side with the angle without having the board to lay it on. After playing around a bit I realized that the top and bottom keel are straight and glued firm to the left former halves; so, since my angle is pretty small, I could use the keel as the flat surface to rest the angle while holding it in one hand and adjust with the other until the glue was tacky enough to hold it in place. I'm really liking this Titebond White Glue. I used as little glue as I could as you guys suggested and it took VERY little time to bond enough to hold the former in place. I could lay down the model after about 30 seconds or so and I checked the angle again every couple of minutes. Oddly enough, I never needed to adjust it after I had it where I wanted. I just left well enough alone since I have a tendency to fiddle with stuff until I screw it all up. I'm done for tonight but I should have the rest of the fuselage formers done tomorrow night! WOOHOOOO!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99382.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	846318   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95348.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	846319