RCU Forums - View Single Post - Angel S EVO Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 10:04 AM
jfetter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Angel S EVO Build Thread

ORIGINAL: Jeff Boyd 2

Personally, I would cut it in the middle giving you equal area on both sides to run doublers or stringers. Also keeps the integrity of the firewall intact, and easier to line up the "two halves" of the motor box to keep all the thrust angles the same. If you use triangle balsa stock in the corners, it almost does this by itself.
Jeff,

I have to thank you for the suggestion to cut down the box length and the additional suggesstion on how best to do it. Truth is it was quite easy and took little more than 15 minutes with the Dremel and cutoff wheel. I used CA to join it back together so I can move on with the build, triangle stock will be glued in with BVM V-Poxy at the end of the day to dry overnight without slowing me down.

In the end I'll be much happier using the motor I sized for it, 6S is just a tad too hot for the short can hacker outrunners and from previous experience, enough to burn the windings if not overly careful. I think the only way to improve this already excellent plane design might be to cut the firewall for the long can motors and supply 10mm spacers for the short cans, this would make the design more flexible.

Truth is this is by far the nicest plane I've put together, designed from the ground-up as electric and the details so well thought out and implemented that I have to give it a 10 out of 10. Previously I think my choice would have been Hanger 9 for fit, finish and detail in the design (like removable hatches for servo access, pre-cut cooling holes, cowl-to-fuse fit, canopy-to-fuse fit, covering, etc. I have to say now that the SebArt Angel is perfect, literally perfect as everything you might think of has been done and the extra's like pre-installed magnets, the wing mounting system, precut covering holes where necessary, installed servo tray, installed reciever tray with slots for wire tie-downs, fully cooled battery tray (all 4 sides exposed), wing pins that extend to the second rib for added strength, even an air-flow dam behind the canopy to direct the air out of 2 nicely shaped oval holes, perfect!

Jack
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70439.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	846497   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89622.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	846498   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24289.jpg
Views:	113