RCU Forums - View Single Post - Foam Seawind EP from Great Planes...
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 11:34 PM
timid1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Foam Seawind EP from Great Planes...

Update to all Seawind EP wanna be's. Just put mine together with factory spec and Electrifly 1500mah. I am apprehensive about the CG as I have 1.5 oz lead in the nose which is what it took to balance on the provided balancer in the kit. I certainly could have moved the battery a little more to the nose but preferred it back to not stress wires with ESC installed in "optional" location (receiver is aft, also which required servo exstentions all around.) It's still cold in Chicago but with the recent warm air the ice melted on the lake and I am itching to try it.

I fully waterproofed both the receiver (baloon) and ESC (silicon rtv). Must now wait for absolute calm water so as to not have to report cart wheel due to wing tip drag.

Has anyone used any other balancer on this plane? If so, please suggest alternate means to check this before I do a nose dive.

Here's an update to my own update: I finally broke out my Great Planes CG Machine. (Actually forgot I bought it and still in original packaging.) Took all the lead out and moved battery as far into the nose as possible and it balances perfectly at factory recommended cg.

Now how do I get rid of all the building rash from working on the stand.