RCU Forums - View Single Post - Getting back into the hobby, need a replacement for my old GS Storm.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:06 PM
JMcDonald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting back into the hobby, need a replacement for my old GS Storm.

Wow! How is the price so different between A-main and Tower Hobbies? I just called the LHS and he said Thunder Tiger only deals direct. scanning through A-main, it seems they have most if not all of the commonly required replacement parts (and some upgrades!), so I guess the online support is at least adequate (not to mention you guys recommended it in the first place)

1) How does the St-1 perform without the 2-speed? Id like to avoid one if possible, but I dont know how much the bigger tires of a Truggy affect acceleration (or breaking, or turning for that matter).

2) How does it perform over the 8ight? Still seeing the 8ight as a possibility via eBay, so that could make the 8ight (that is a hard word to get used to typing...) available for around the price of the ST-1. It also has the plus of LHS support, so that would be a plus. The ST-1 hardly makes an appearance on ebay. Does that mean it is simply new, or actually unpopular?

Thanks for the help! I guess I might end up with a Buggy (or even a Truggy) afterall!

*edit*

BTW, sorry for making the somewhat out-of-place thread in this forum. I only found it most relevant here since the Savage was one of my first choices, and also I was talking about off-road bashing, heh.