RCU Forums - View Single Post - Getting back into the hobby, need a replacement for my old GS Storm.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:48 PM
hmott3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting back into the hobby, need a replacement for my old GS Storm.

You can pick up a big block Savage X 4.6rtr for just about 400 on ebay brand new, and of course it already comes with a 2 speed. Or spend about 350 for a Savage X 4.6 Kit right now, on sale at SMF http://www.smfstore.com/product_info...roducts_id=770 . You can get a 3 speed if you want though. The seering servo sucks but so what you will be replacing it. The X fixes lots of problems with the original Savage but its still about as tough as can be out of the box. The thing is plenty capable of not having you laughed off the track unless is over your driving skills. I looked into the ST1 before I got my Savage but having pretty much NO lhs support keep me from getting it. I figured I would make up the price difference in shipping charges over a few months anyway. If I was in your spot I would be looking at one of these three: Savage X, LST2, and Revo. I want a second truck but it will be a Savage just because I already have one so spares will be easier to keep on hand.