RCU Forums - View Single Post - GREAT PLANES FLATOUTS
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 08:25 AM
wedgewing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GREAT PLANES FLATOUTS

fusebmx13

IMO The easiest way to go with a radio set up for a flatout (or any 4 channel) is to get a Futaba 4YF 4 channel radio.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...smitter_id=162

no bells and whistles, but a very good radio that I still use to power 4 of my planes, including my flatout RCU Bipe. You can purchase it in a package that contains 3 micro servos and a receiver and you are all set for around $100. That my friend is the lowest price you will be looking at for something that works

Another option I have seen is say you may want to try out a co-axial helicopter like the E Flite Blade CX2. Most of these new helicopters come with everything you need to fly including a 2.4 ghz spectrum radio and one of spektum's AR6100 receivers. I looked at this the other day, because if I bought one, I would bind it to my DX7 radio and have this perfectly good E Flite radio sitting around that could be used for another plane. You would still have to buy servos and another receiver if you did not want to keep switching from plane to heli since that radio does not have a/c memory.

That is kind of out there from what you are asking, but for now I would say you are OK with the Futaba 4YF.

Fun planes