RCU Forums - View Single Post - THE LOUNGE 2
Thread: THE LOUNGE 2
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 11:17 AM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: THE LOUNGE 2

ORIGINAL: paintstikker

Had a little fire goin in my buddie's EXT...

He wanted to swap out the stock unit with my Tazer 12T I had laying around, bought it last Oct. at the same place I bought the Mtroniks RV-15. So we put it in there, got it all nice and neat, but we couldn't figure out why reverse wasn't working. Keep in mind that when the Mtroniks ESC blew, promply before reverse started to act up, and I was around the same person....

Well anyway, it was fine for a little while, then reverse started to not want to function. We couldn't find the solution, so we shrugged it off. I called him over while he was driving it, to look at something on my FXT, then a few seconds later he looks over and sees what looks to be some kind of red smoke grenade set off on my driveway....

Funny though, I used the receipt for the Mtroniks' warranty replacement, so I can't replace the Tazer now...and same exact thing happened with the same person.[&:]

The case held up pretty well, so no damage was done to the car. There were a couple flames though, and this thing just sat there smoldering with a LOT of smoke (with some red to it) for about 3 minutes, I think it was. I went to unplug the battery, and instead I just ripped out the wires off the ESC where the solder melted and dripped off...

This thing is junk cause the ESC set button won't work now.
ouch! oh man, any idea what caused that? at first glance it looks like mostly cosmetic damage but i guess that opening is where the set button was! [:'(]

i've been lucky, so far i've mostly damaged servos. [&:]