RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Flying Esky V3 Lama?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 01:45 AM
paulospilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Flying Esky V3 Lama?

Hello everyone,i am new to all this as it seems many of you out there are.I have a lama v3 wich spent its first week under repair under intense visual scrutiny by me.After re-reading instructions several times and doing a lot of stareing finally got her up in the air today.This forum has also been a good source of info and advice and a big help on the tech side of flying rc helecopters which brings me to a question.My controller or TX as i think its called came with all servos at the normal position.so as per instructions i had all trims at the centre except the throttle which i put to the lowest point.Following the supplied booklet i turned on the TX and then plugged her in and watched as the red led flashed and did so for more than 10 minutes.This went on for quite a few tries before my patience ran out and i started moving controls on the TX.All of a sudden she blasted off like a rocket and collided with the roof and did a heluva lot of damage to herself up there and then came crashing down onto the concrete when i madly starting pushing and pulling levers in an effort to bring my missle under control.rather carefully i approached the device and pulled out the battery.The damage was a tail completely fubar,busted in seven pieces and three broken blades and a lost balancer arm.Crivens,,,what the hell is going with this thing.This went on for a couple of days untill i decided to try something as once again i was losing patience.holding on like blazes i turned on the TX and then the battery plug,the led stayed red as on many previous attempts.Fiddle time, as i moved throttle a little bit YEEEE HAAAA lift off time again except this time i have hold of the brute and shes not gettin away this time.As i moved throttle the only way possible which is in a up ward direction she started slowing down.How come?Isnt that backwards?Next lesson was dont turn the TX of first or she goes mental.But i still had a rather firn grip on this thing as it was starting to really spin me out.So ,the next step to me was rather obvious,reverse the throttle servo on the TX and se what happens.Throttle now works in a fashion that makes sense ie when i push the throttle stick upwards thats where the lama goes.I should mention that this is in mode 1 where the right stick controls throttle.So back to the question(nearly forgott what i was doing,sorry)If i have reversed the servo on the throttle will i need to change any others?seems strange to have the throttle any other way.TX is now set with all trims centered except throttle all the way down and servos at normal bar the throttle at reverse.Will try again in the morning and see what happens subject to weather.
Cheers!
Hope someone can be of help to me