RCU Forums - View Single Post - GREAT PLANES FLATOUTS
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 04:17 PM
wedgewing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GREAT PLANES FLATOUTS

eastcoast

I risk getting smacked around by saying this, but I did indeed build the entire plane with hot glue........Shhhhhhhh.

Again, my caveat being I don't live buy a gym or indoor flying area that I know of, and I just like to see that the wind streamer in the yard is gently flopping and run outside and get a quick 10 minute flight with the 3 cell 910 mAh which is out of spec and considered heavy or goodness, even more time with a 3 cell 2100 (insanely out of spec) and flies. no doubt, with these the lighter the better (olive branch), but I like to fly outside, and for longer than a couple minutes.

If you go hot glue, the best thing you can do is go easy on the glue, find a decent gun than is better than the one they would sell at Wal-Mart and one that has a finer bead and low temp glue. when you do the carbon rods, only glue a little section at a time so you don't go nuts on the stuff. also your plane will fly with some cobb webs left over by some glue. I had to trim one out of the picture. I totally owe the longevity of my current plane to some necessary reinforcement and some well applied hot glue.

I watch the RC Universe review film of the RCU Bipe flight in the wind the author did and mine can do the same things so I know it is not a lead sled.

Maybe someday I will use the CA for one of these, but when I originally did it, my technique was not as elegant and the lack of any remaining finger prints on my skin from CA melt would have made me a good witness protection candidate

Enjoy the plane, save the spare foam for repairs

KP