RCU Forums - View Single Post - GREAT PLANES FLATOUTS
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 08:31 PM
wedgewing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GREAT PLANES FLATOUTS

eastcoast

I get you. I had more issues with body twist, which is why i had a couple really long zip ties run the length on top and bottom and you will notice after you glue them that the mere width of the tie prevents twist even on the wing, on top of protecting against dings

you will have a carbon rod on the leading edge and on the trailing edge (your clips will use as a hinge point for control surfaces). there is about 5 inches between that and what you are going to deal with is some twisting from forces wanting to make the wing look like a helicopter blade.

Maybe you should look at the RCU Bipe, because you are building a box of carbon because you have all of this on top and bottom and when you add in 8 carbon support struts this thing is solid, and very fun to fly. I am the last guy to shy you away from additional carbon reinforcement based on how mine are built. Never thought of it based on how strong the Bipe is with 4 carbon edges.

When this one finally buys the farm, I will get another one and post pictures of the RCU TriPlane

I just checked back to see your shock flyer, and that sim is good. the only reason I think it is a sim is because there is only one shadow below the plane. Nice performance

KP