RCU Forums - View Single Post - home made dual tail motors CP+
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 11:30 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: home made dual tail motors CP+

GITRDUN--

It's not crude at all... Looks great ! And if it works, who cares ?! Your quite the fighter with that CP ! I've followed your progress as we both mingle through the E-Flite forum, and glad to see you taking the reigns on these finicky CP's... I'll never give up on mine either. In fact, now I have two CPP's ! Shoot me now if ya wish, but I'am going to win in the end with this heli... If you can ever get the chance and purchase a Trex, or something similar, it sure is a big diff in the flying characteristics and performance. My Trex is night and day from my CPP as I know you've already heard over and over from these forums, but thought I would remind ya once again.

I noticed on your gyro you have it ziptied... That would be considered a "no-no" by the vets here as it contributes to added vibration to the gyro which could affect it's overall performance. Just using double sided sticky tape works the best as it helps dampen the gyro. I was like you don't worry, and thought about using a zip-tie for the added security of the install, but a lot of research proved I was wrong. Just thought I would share this thought with ya... But if it's working alright for ya, maybe just leave it but keep it in mind for the future.

I like the looks of your CPP... Worse comes to worse on your tail-heavy problem, you could always lose the rear fin, but I do like the looks of it. It makes the CP complete, and I bet very visible for flight when trying to keep orientation for flight.

Have a good one,

-- Jeff