RCU Forums - View Single Post - New SV Gassers
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 02:35 PM
ca$hey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New SV Gassers

ORIGINAL: freeonthree

Im not believing that at all. I bet the piston to cylinder fit is just as accurate. Walbro carbs are fine, and bearings are bearings. I suppose it's possible that the cranks may be balanced better in the more expensive engines, but who knows. What else is there besides more detailed outside finishing, good for nothing really, and more expensive advertising which drives up the costs as well. The electronics may be better, but I hear that one of the big brand name cdi boxes had an overheating problem at one time, and mine has never even gotten warm when I checked it, so the real test will be how long it lasts. Weedeater specs ? Our last el cheapo $99.00 weedeater lasted about 10 years, and still ran when I snaged the choke for my plane the other day, so the clearances couldn't have been too sloppy. My SV 26 doesnt sound that much different than my bud's Brison 50 when it's running smooth, just smaller, and I have a feeling today, at least I hope, it will be running top notch. I seriously doubt that the engine itself has any issues. Looks like fine quality to me for a little gas engine.
Have you compared your 3w or your DA to the sv or any other cheper line motors?