RCU Forums - View Single Post - New SV Gassers
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 05:26 PM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New SV Gassers

Im a Saito guy origionally, this is my first gas engine, but I have been a mechanic my entire life, and I feel this engine is sweet. Greg and I just tested my engine with the new fuel lines, and ignition timing and 18x6 prop. It vibrated badly so we put the 16x8 and spinner back on. Flipped her once more and she started instantly. After a breif warmup, it transitioned beautifully, but had to fatten the top about 1/2 turn or so. Not one gurgle came out of this engine since, and it's spinning that 16x8 at 8200 rpm. The origional Jenn Feng spark plug is back in it now because the Autolite crossover from the NGK BPMR-6-F glitched the plane badly. Thats not to say he crossed the plug number correctly, I doubt it mostly. Overall, right now, my SV 26 is running like a swiss watch, and does not misfire at all anymore. Oh, we can't forget that I also switched to QuickSilver Full Synthetic @ 100:1. Gregs Brison 50 had been running on it for years. With the Pennsoil Outdoor 2 Stroke @ 32:1, I had black sludge all over the belly, and when I put my hand behind the exhaust, it would get real oiley, but now, the only thing that came out onto my hand was a few tiny carbon specs, and that quit shortly. There is zero moisture or smoke that I can feel or see coming out of my exhaust now, and I love it ! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ! This SV 26 runs every bit as nice and smooth now as Gregs Brison 50, it just makes a little less noise.