RCU Forums - View Single Post - Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 05:32 PM
dknovick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

ORIGINAL: Wade2660

That 4in1 controler does not seem to be working the way it was described here in the forms or the way the book describes it.
I`m going to tinker with it some more when I got home from work. The odd thing is I`m useing the charger that came with the falcon and it shows that both batteries were fully charged after about 10 min
Like Bill, my 4-in-1 very quickly changes from fast to slow blink (1-2 seconds). If I'm not watching it when I plug the battery in, I miss it. Was this the very first time you charged the batteries? The batteries are shipped with a partial charge. When I first unboxed my heli, it was a very short charge time (probably similar to your 10 minutes), and when I tried to fly it, the main rotor just barely spun! (What a let down). I discharged the batteries for a while (left it on) and then charged them up again. The second time, there's was quite a difference!

At least the light is coming on, which means that power is getting to the 4-in-1.

ORIGINAL: Wade2660

also the main rotor gear and the rear rotor gears are allful tight to turn by hand. I think I need to free them up some. I remember I had a gas buggie some years ago and I would set the gear lash the thickness of a peice of paper. I`m going to try this tonight. I would like to think that maybe the gears are to tight for the motor to turn and I will know for sure tonight.
The motors have very strong magnets, so they are "tight" when you try to spin them slowly, and will "pop" to different positions as you spin them. This could be what you're feeling, but do check it out.

-Dave