RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D Hot Hots Build
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 02:00 AM
kbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3D Hot Hots Build

My flight pack arrived today. I mounted the servos, receiver and switch.

There is nothing on the plans to indicate where and how to mount the throttle servo. I added two poplar rails as shown Just above the wing.

To mount the receiver, I used a Velcro strap and attached it to the fuse with a balsa block notched as show.

I mounted the SK 50 on the nose to check the CG. I may have to use a heavy hub on the nose under the spinner for the first flights. The CG is ok at this point, but will move back just a bit When the control rods and last of the covering go on. The Yellow spinner will be replaced with a new red one. As she sits in the photo she is 4.9 lbs. according to my postal scale. She will for sure come in under 5.5lbs. which I'm happy about. The battery will be in the nose with the tank. You can see that I covered the rudder. I had also covered the VS, but didn't like the way it turned out. I ordered a trim iron with the rest of the covering, and I think that will make things easier. I think I'll try Ultracote on the next build as I have read that it is easier to work with.