RCU Forums - View Single Post - Long lasting gas powered Sailplane
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Long lasting gas powered Sailplane

ORIGINAL: wws2010

Now what airframe should I use with this rewired motor and will it be able to carry the payload I need it to? Also is that 3 hours of mixed flying or full throttle moving. I also kind of need it to have a very long range.
The airframe is up to you.

Instead of asking lots of vague questions and being frustrated with the answers you're getting--start reading. Go to rccrawler and read the articles on rewinding motors. I don't know if you're going to need a 180 or a 480 size motor. I don't know if you need to wind it to 10 turns or 97 turns. That depends on what airframe you have--what the weight is--how long you want to fly it--what battery voltage you want to work with--and a hundred other variables.

The point I was trying to make is that if you want something reliable that will fly for a long time--then forget about the glow engines and fuel tanks. Use electric.

What you do with that suggestion is up to you. I've already given you plenty of information. You should be reading up on how to rewind motors. You should be investigating gliders with low wing loading and fuselages that are wide enough to carry your camera equipment.