RCU Forums - View Single Post - LightFlite Bug
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 09:39 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LightFlite Bug

First up, build impressions. I think the first step after separating your parts should be melting the hole for the LG strut. There is indeed an inventory of parts, but it is at the rear of the manual. The biggest thing is that you need to read the entire section prior to starting, it is not an exact step by step manual. BTW, for those of you that want to get grumpy about that, try writing a manual for something you know how to do, then ask someone to do it according to the instructions you have given. Now see what happens, instructions are hard to write. Writing step by step instructions for a plastic wall hanger run to half a page, been there, done that, and got calls asking how to do it[X(][:-].

I also saved the final LG install until everything else was done. My experience with other builds has taught me that LG can get in the way while building. The pig tails for my battery are too long and will be re-done to save weight. Once I have a good length for the 2s480mah batteries I'll post it.

So, we get to my attempt to maiden the plane. My first problem was that the included esc is set up for a pusher. That could have been checked in the build process, but I seem to have a mental block on doing so. I took my SU-27xxl out with the same problem. Just switch the red and yellow wires, no big deal. Then I powered up and gave the plane a toss I got a hard right turn. I recovered the plane, used a rog and got a hard right turn. I taxied, and got a wide right turn. I think my prop is way out of balance.

Anyway here are some pics.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94951.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	857577   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78252.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	857578   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze85831.jpg