RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gary Allen 33% Bücker Jungmeister
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 10:14 AM
rabacon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Gary Allen 33% Bücker Jungmeister

Hey guys, just dug out from under the dust in my shop and found new posts. Welcome to the thread, Kirt!
Ken, what you suggested for the wing transport brace is going to be my default. Should work well.
Kevin, sorry about not getting any new pics up, especially of the root retainer strip on the wing where you are at. Your description of your understanding is right on. I did extend my 1x8 by 1x2 ply strip from LE to TE and my blocks are between the strip and the brass tab. Yes, the bolts go into the wing from the bottom. I used #4 socket head woodscrews instead of blind nuts. I drill the holes, wax the screw and drive it. Wax acts like a lubricant as the friction melts the wax, then when it cools it acts like a thread locker. My pics of this area are on my club website now and are larger than the ones here so that may help.

Kirt, I posted a wood and material list on my clubs website. Here is the link.
http://www.chainolakeseagles.com/mod...viewtopic&t=50

register and log in and you will get access to all the pics from my build if you like.

Oh, and you guys all have 20 years on me and Im still working for the man. I do get to retire from the armed forces reserves(22years) in May so does that count for some status in the old model builder dudes club???

I am covering and detailing now, cannot wait till Spring.